Thinking about bringing your family with you? Check out these amazing things you can do!
1. BUFFALO PHIL'SThe meet up will be taking place in the Crystal Room at Buffalo Phil's, but did you know that the restaurant is a popular destination as well? If you're lucky, you can sit at a table where a train delivers your food! My kids get such a kick out of that!
2. KNUCKLEHEADSAttached to Buffalo Phil's is Knuckleheads, which is an indoor amusement park for "kids" of all ages! There are games, rides, ropes course, go karts, bowling, and an indoor trampoline park! Your family can stay and play all day
3. OUTLETS AT THE DELLSWant to do a little shopping? Across the parking lot of Buffalo Phil's/Knuckleheads is the Outlets at the Dells. With over 50 shops and restaurants, you are guaranteed to find tons of great bargains!
4. INDOOR WATER PARKSNo trip to The Dells is complete without a stop at an indoor water park! There are SO many to choose from, but the big ones are The Wilderness, The Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, and Mount Olympus. You can buy day tickets to The Wilderness and The Kalahari even if you're not staying there, but you must be staying at Great Wolf Lodge if you want to swim there. And the good news about Great Wolf Lodge is that it's maybe 1/4 of a mile from our meet up venue, Buffalo Phil's!
5. INDOOR THEME PART AT THE KALAHARISimilar to Knuckleheads, the Kalahari also has an indoor theme park. In addition to games, they also have bowling, go karts, a ferris wheel, laser tag, ropes course, and a climbing wall.
6. EXPLORE DOWNTOWN DELLSThe original part of the Dells has so many shops and activities as well. Get an old time photo taken, grab some fudge, mine for gems, go to Ripley's Believe or Not or Wizard Quest... The possibilities are endless!
7. PALACE THEATERWant to see a live show? Grab a few of your blogging buddies and head to Girls Night: The Musical. It will be playing at the Palace Theater the weekend we are in the Dells.
8. WINERY TOURSLove me some wine! And of course, there is plenty to be had in the Dells. Fawn Creek is just a few miles north of downtown Dells. I can personally attest to their raspberry wine :) A bit further away is Baraboo Bluff Winery, Rock n Wool Winery, and Wollersheim.
9. SKIING, SNOWBOARDING, TUBING, ETC.There are two ski hills within 30 minutes of the Dells. Christmas Mountain is the closest; however, Cascade Mountain is larger.
10. HO-CHUNK CASINOFeeling lucky? Just a few miles outside of the Dells on the way to Baraboo is Ho-Chunk casino, where you can try your hand at slots, poker, black jack, craps, roulette, and baccarat (if that's your thing).
WOW, there is so much to do in Wisconsin Dells, and that's just for the winter. Can you imagine how hopping the town is in the summer?! I feel like we'd even need an extra day or two, just to fit it all in. If you were on the fence about joining us, we hope that after reading this list, we've convinced you that The Dells is the place to be in the middle of winter!